Thursday, November 5, 2009

Breaking the daily bread

I was inspired by my classmate Kailey's blog, Snackface this week. She is a fellow OU student and foodie blogger, writing about her daily food jaunts with a twist: she's a vegan!

Anyway, as I looked through her blog, rather creepily might I add, I found that I loved when she posted pictures of her food throughout the day.




With that said, I decided to go down the path of self-discovery and figure out if food reflects your personality. Let's see, shall we?




Like I said, I usually never have breakfast unless a coffee is defined as a suitable break alternative. And, I usually spend most of my afternoons in the lovely and refined Baker University Center which leaves me to satiate my hunger.


Lately i've been on a mexican kick and decided on Tuesday to go to Chipotle to indulge in "authentic" mexican cuisine.





Doesn't it look absolutely delicious and awful at the same time? Sour cream lathering a mix of lettuce, pinto beans, cheese and rice? Heavenly? Yes.

700 calories later...not so much.





After that I was full until dinner time and decided to snack on saltines with peanut butter and strawberry jelly! Personally, I find this to be a great snack/dinner (if you eat about thirty, which, well, let's be honest--I did) on the grind.

The next day I began my morning right:





Add The Post and i'm set to go. I believe I haven't gone a day without some sort of "coffee drink" as my roommate Emily likes to call it. I love coffee so much that when I take an absence from it, the effects remind me that I can't neglect--cue the Intervention music. Hey kids, caffeine is a drug, too.




For lunch my friends and I have our tradition, "Quesadilla Wednesdays." Call us lame, silly, you name it--we probably know.

Anyway, today we weren't really feeling the quesodilla, at least the people who make the food thought so. We asked for them and they gave us burittos and chips. So, I tried adding a little less to this mexican fiesta since my Chipotle experience was pretty filling and intense.




Real big improvements, right?

After that I had my Online Journalism class I ran to grab a "Quick Fix" aka-Red Bull (i'm hilarious) and my classmate who I mentioned earlier, Kailey brought me a Cliff Bar. I was asking her about these because she had a few pictures on her blog of them. Coming in various flavors, she gave me the chocolate chip and it was delicious! It usually can substitute for a meal, pairing it with apples, etc to balance out the food groups. Anyway, shout to Kailey for being awesome and helping a fellow foodie out!



So, your tour officially ends here. I borrowed (stole) my friend's camera which is super nice...can you tell the quality of my photos are getting better?

I'm pretty excited about it, I know.

Have fun foodin' this weekend and since i'm going home for a few short days, i'll be taking pictures of my travels!

Until next time, keep on party-ing in the USA.

5 comments:

  1. Ahh! Thanks for the super sweet shout-outs! This was a fantastic post. It made me see just how differently people eat. I forget that people don't eat small meals throughout the day like your homie right hurr. When I eat larger meals, I just want to lie down and nap until the next meal time.

    Not to sound like a mom or a beezy, but maybe you should consider starting your day with a lil' sunthin for breakfast. Clif bars perhaps? Oh, they totes won't make you fat either. As long as you treat them as a heavy snack or meal substitute/component, you're good. Most bagels probably have more cals and carbs than Clifs do. I honestly don't give a rat's a$$ about carbs, though. I'm all about "eat what you want, when you want."

    Gah! Sorry for the novella comment! P.S. I'm adding you to the SnackFace blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm gonna say what kailey said and go with girl, eat some food in the mornin'.

    also, i left a comment purely to say i'm not sure if we can be friends anymore because you just referenced miley cyrus in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, this is a great post aimee, I really like your blog, and I can definitely hear your own personal voice in here. And Clif bars are delicious, I went tubing when I was in Texas over the summer and I didn't want to eat a big meal right beforehand even though I was starving...a minty Clif bar was the perfect small yet filling snack.

    And I also agree with Kailey, eating something would be better in the morning, I've always heard you should start out with your biggest meals earlier in the day and smaller as the day goes on...so at least eat something small to get your metabolism going!

    And I also agree with Emilee...Miley Cyrus? Oh boy. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha this was great! I've personally never really paid that much attention to what I've eaten during the day. It's funny what you could learn though, as you've shown here.

    Also, great pics! For some reason, I think food photography always has the greatest potential to be beautiful (or maybe I'm just hungry). So great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! My eating habits are horrible...this I know.

    And em, don't hate on Miley. She's making millions of dollas, gurrrl.

    ReplyDelete