Thursday, October 29, 2009

Foods Across America

As everyone knows, I love food. As we speak, i'm watching the Food Network and seeing Paula Dean make love to a stick of butter.

With that said, I've been thinking about foods that are staples in American culture. I investigated via Google and found ten quintessential foods that capture that good ol' American essence. A lot of what I found was quite interesting and pretty surprising.


View Untitled in a larger map







So, my question to you Quick Fix readers is this: What is your favorite type of food. Or...what food do you think is the epitome of All-American?


Until next time, have a safe and happy Halloween and eat tons of candy corn!

1 comment:

  1. Nice map! I enjoyed reading those facts and seeing where different foods came from. Never thought that the origin of a sloppy joe would be in Florida!

    Personally, I think that the quintessential American staple is grilled cheese. I had one at USD today and it was pretty scrumptious. Sometimes there's nothing else that hits the spot... especially on those nights when it's too big of a challenge to actually make something more complicated. We've all been there. haha.

    Other foods that cross my mind: Milkshakes, pancakes, french fries... and, to rival Cinci, Stadium Mustard from the good ol' Cleve.

    ReplyDelete