Monday, October 12, 2009

Intervention

As I write this very blog, i'm cringing with horror.


Call A&E, I need an intervention.


I've relapsed.






I look a little pitiful, in fact. The very thought of me going back to my old microwave tv dinner days is a little bittersweet. However, the very point of this blog was to try something new and challenge myself. How long did that last?


Seeing as how this one of the biggest and busiest weeks of my college career, I resorted back to the square box that is oh-so comforting.

Let us divulge on what is going on in my life this week, shall we?

This week is the culmination for three to four months of hard work. As I said in my first post, I am a member of the University Program Council at Ohio University and am in charge of annual events that UPC brings to campus. My main annual event this fall is our lovely Homecoming parade, "Traveling Through Time, Homecoming 2009." (shameless plug)

With that said, I have spent around thirty to forty hours a week planning this parade from its small conception. I have little to no time to sleep, let alone make a meal and feed myself....properly, that is.

So, I'm confiding to you friends about my inability to prepare a meal this week. I hope you're not too ashamed or disappointed.

Yet, I will post this week once again to let you know my progress, both personally and professionally. I may even take this little cooking hiatus to think of a new concoction I can whip up....maybe Sunday!


Until then, wish me luck and good eats!

2 comments:

  1. Good job on your work for the parade. Being in it, it seemed to go smoothly as well as pleasing students and alums alike. I guess we'll forgive you for not having time to prepare a new meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The parade was fantastic, darling! I can't believe you worked 30-40 hours a week organizing that. Thanks for that!

    I don't see anything wrong with a little relapse. It happens. I've had a bite of cheese before and felt guilty for a bit, but we're only human.

    It's so tough to cook elaborate meals during busy weeks, too. I resort to tons of salads and sweet potatoes! And cereal, of course.

    I wish you some time to relax this week!

    P.S. Your mom IS adorable in that video! Jadore!

    -Kailey

    ReplyDelete